Independent dental care in Oxfordshire
If you have coronavirus or are suffering any of the symptoms of the disease, like cough, fever, loss of taste or smell, then please do not come to the dentist. Please self-isolate and follow the medical guidelines.
LATEST UPDATE: 11th May 2021: Steps out of lockdown
The latest changes affecting the relaxation of covid rules will have little impact on dentistry.
The restrictions affecting clinical dentistry have not changed significantly since June 2020 and we are still constrained by the same strict operating protocols. We appreciate that this is frustrating for both us and patients but we must await updates from the government.
Harwell Dental Practice re-opens on 8th June 2020 but it will not be “business as normal”. Coronavirus restrictions mean that we will be seeing far fewer patients per day and we cannot currently find a satisfactory way to provide dental hygienist appointments. At the Government briefing on 23rd June, Chief Medical Officer Professor Whitty noted that: “Dentistry is particularly high risk, because dental work generates a lot of droplets. Dentists have found a way of working in this phase, which will go on for really quite a prolonged period”. BBC June 2020
To keep both staff and patients safe we also need to buy additional PPE which is in short supply. (We do not get free NHS PPE). Following guidance from the Chief Dental Officer on 28th August we will be investing in improved ventilation equipment to aid surgery disinfection between patients.
As a result of coronavirus there will be new ways of working to ensure the health and safety of staff and patients, and these may change as we see how the system operates:
- Patients now have to wait outside to minimise the number within the building and maintain social distancing. Please ring the doorbell and wait; we will open the door as soon as we are ready.
- Hand sanitiser is provided outside the door (& elsewhere); please use it.
- Please attend on your own or if necessary with members of your household “bubble”. Please do not bring non-essential items into the building.
- To avoid contamination risk, please avoid touching surfaces and we are minimising the number of rooms in use.
- To maximise ventilation the practice windows are open; it may be cold in winter.
- Please communicate with us by telephone or email and do not expect to be able to call in person.
- Card payments only; contactless whenever possible.
- Keep 2 metres away from other people, except clinical staff wearing full PPE.
- Due to the Covid-19 constraints we will be seeing fewer patients and providing only limited treatments
As we have a significantly reduced capacity, priority will be given to our existing patients and we will not currently be accepting new patients.
Summary of previous coronavirus updates can be found here
- Dr Michael Bellew GDC 58126
- Mrs Jessie Matson GDC 10758 (retiring 2020)
- Mrs Julie Claridge GDC 113890
- Mrs Alison Bainbridge GDC 119555
Dental Care Plan
We offer independent dentistry only with no NHS contract. We have dental care plans from Practice Plan for adults and children.
Monday 8.30 – 1.00 2.00 – 4.00
Tuesday 8.00 – 1.00 2.00 – 5.00
Wednesday 8.30 – 12.30
Thursday 8.00 – 1.00 2.00 – 5.00
Friday 8.30 – 12.30
We may have to close at short notice due to unexpected coronavirus matters.
Details of out-of-hours care can be found via the practice answerphone
The contents of this website are copyright. Last update 11th May 2021.
Get In Touch
- 01235 831889
We are located on Harwell Science Campus (formerly the Atomic Energy Research Establishment) with free parking by the shops opposite
Harwell Dental Practice
Oxfordshire OX11 0QQ